1/2 cup each chopped walnuts and dried cranberries (125 mL)
1/4 cup each flax seeds and unsalted sunflower seeds (50 mL)
Sunshine Multigrain Cookies Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Beat the margarine with the brown and granulated sugars in a large bowl until fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
2. Stir the oats with the wheat flour, quinoa flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Beat into the margarine mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips, walnuts, cranberries, flax seeds and sunflower seeds.
3. Scoop well-rounded tablespoonsful of dough onto parchment-paper lined baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden on the bottom. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Makes about 4 dozen cookies.
• Omit the quinoa flour and use all whole-wheat flour instead. The cookies will spread more than the original recipe but are just as tasty.
• The walnuts, cranberries, flax seeds and sunflower seeds can be replaced with any combination of healthful ingredients such as chia seeds, hemp hearts, slivered almonds, unsweetened flaked coconut and/or pumpkin seeds.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!