1 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
1 cup softened, unsalted butter (250 mL)
1 cup granulated sugar (250 mL)
1 cup lightly packed brown sugar (250 mL)
2 eggs (2)
1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
3 cups all-purpose flour (750 mL)
1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
1 cup CHIPITS Mint Chocolate Chips (250 mL)
1/2 cup coarsely crushed candy canes or striped mint candies (optional) (125 mL)
Candy Cane Chip Cookies Recipe
1. Melt chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl set over simmering water. Cool to room temperature. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Beat butter with granulated and brown sugars until fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time; add vanilla. Mix flour with baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. On low speed, alternately add flour mixture and melted chocolate. Stir in mint chips and crushed candy (if using).
3. Drop cookie dough by the spoonful onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes or until just set but still chewy.
Makes 48 cookies.
• For an even greater burst of chocolate taste, substitute HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Baking Chips with HERSHEY'S CHIPITS Chunks.
• Use a rolling pin or the bottom of a heavy saucepan to crush candies.
• Garnish each cookie with additional melted chocolate and an additional sprinkle of crushed candy canes.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!