1. Heat oven to 350°F (180° C). Line muffin cups (2-1/2”/6 cm in diameter) with paper bake cups.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Fill muffin cups 2/3 full with batter.
3. Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
4. To make Easter baskets, frost each cupcake with vanilla frosting. Immediately make "nest" on top of each cupcake with tinted coconut; place assorted candy in nests.
5. For handle, insert wooden pick in each end of strawberry twists; press down into each side of each cupcake, bending to form handle.**
Makes about 33 cupcakes.
* To tint coconut, combine several drops green food colouring with 3/4 tsp (4 mL) water; add to 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) coconut. Stir until evenly tinted. Repeat using blue, pink or yellow food colouring.
** Adults should supervise children when preparing this recipe. Remove wooden picks before serving.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!