1 cup CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chips or CHIPITS Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (90 mL)
6 tbsp butter or margarine (90 mL)
Chocolate Raspberry Dessert Recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 13x9-inch (3 L) baking pan; set aside.
2. Beat the flour with the sugar, butter, eggs and baking powder in large bowl until smooth. Add the syrup; blend thoroughly. Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
3. Raspberry Cream Layer: Beat the icing sugar, butter and liqueur (optional) in a small bowl until smooth. Spread evenly over the cake. Cover and chill until set.
4. Chocolate Glaze: Combine chocolate chips and butter in a small saucepan set over low heat. Cook, stirring often, until melted. Remove from the heat; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Spread evenly over the chilled dessert. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Reserve any leftover dessert in the refrigerator.
Makes about 12 servings.
• Add a few drops of red food colouring to the centre for a bit of extra colour. Substitute 1/4 cup (50 mL) raspberry preserves mixed with 1 tsp (5 mL) water for the raspberry-flavoured liqueur.
"Ad Alert" is our way of telling you that the website you're viewing may be trying to sell you something. If you are under the age of 18, always get permission from your parent or guardian before you make a purchase or even submit any information about yourself online. Thanks!