- Pipe cleaners
- Wiggle eyes
- Construction paper, felt or foam sheets
- Low temperature hot glue gun and glue
- Various Valentine's chocolates and candies from HERSHEY'S
- Cut body parts out of felt, foam sheets or construction paper.
- Using the low temperature glue gun, attach candy to feet, ears and other parts.
- Complete by gluing pipe cleaners, feathers, and wiggle eyes to add more personality.
Love Bug Butterfly:
- Cut heart shapes in varying sizes out of three different colors of craft foam (2 in each color). These will be layered to make the wings.
- Cut one smaller heart shape out of craft foam to create the "body" of the butterfly.
- Glue the hearts on top of each other to create two multi-colored wings for your butterfly, and then glue the wings to the "body" of the butterfly.
- Add wiggle eyes and two pipe cleaners for antennae.
- Finish off your Love Bug Butterfly by gluing some delicious HERSHEY'S Milk Chocolate Hearts, or the REESE Peanut Butter Filled Hearts in the center of each wing.
HERSHEY'S KISSES Caterpillar Love Bug:
- Twist a pipe cleaner into a spiral shape and glue one HERSHEY'S KISSES Brand Milk Chocolate to the front and one to the back of the spiral shape to create the head and tail of the bug.
- Glue 4 craft pompoms to the bottom of the Caterpillar to create 4 feet.
- Finish your Love Bug Caterpillar by adding antenna, made from a smaller pipe cleaner, and two jiggle eyes.
Love Bug Lady Bug:
- Take two REESE’S Miniatures and glue them together so that the folded wrappers are facing inwards.
- Cut red craft foam into the shape of a lady bug's wings, and color with a black marker to create the lady bug's spots.
- Glue the foam to the top of the REESE’S Miniatures that were glued together to create the body of the lady bug.
- Add wiggle eyes, and a pipe cleaner for a tail.
REESE’S Miniatures Spider:
- Use REESE’S Miniature for the body of the spider. Cut lengths of pipe cleaner and glue to bottom of REESE’S Miniature to create 8 legs. Attach a pompom for a nose and â€œhairâ€ and two jiggle eyes.
REESE’S Miniatures Caterpillar:
- Cut a piece of black foam to create a base for the body of the caterpillar. Glue three REESE’S Miniatures to the black foam.
- Affix black pipe cleaner legs and red pompoms for fur.
REESE’S Miniatures Dragonfly:
- Take two REESE’S Miniatures and glue them wide end to wide end. Take two HERSHEY’S KISSES and glue them to both ends of the REESE’S Miniatures.
- Cut red and pink foam to create wings.
- Create antennae for the dragonfly using white pipe cleaners and white pompoms. Glue the antennae to the top of the dragonfly’s body, and then glue the wings on top of the pipe cleaners.
- Add wiggle eyes.
Or, use your imagination to create your very own, unique love bug!
Completed craft is for decorative purposes only. Candy used in craft should not be eaten.